Monday, August 23, 2010

Let me off this fucking doomed planet!

Hey all, how's everyone?  Not that anyone could truly be "OK" any more... considering.  I'm choking on a little more rage than usual today.  This first item I was going to mention yesterday but I never got to it.  On Saturday, I went looking again for one of my favorite snacks of all time, Spap Oop.  Ok, yeah it's Doo Dads but anyone who knows me knows I usually open snacks like this from the bottom, snacks with flavored dust.  This is so the dust can re-settle back through and re-coat the pieces.  Therefore, spap oop.  When I got home I looked into it online and found that Nabisco, in their infinite wisdom, discontinued it almost (yikes) ten years ago.  They must have had a lot of it stocked up cause I remember buying some last about 4 years ago.  I just thought my store had stopped carrying it.  I also found that there's somewhat of a cult following calling for it's return.  There was a site where people were discussing how best to re-create it, and their solution sounds like it's worth trying.  Unfortunately, it involves patronizing the vicious bastards who terminated the oop in the first place.  You start with Nabisco's mixers, traditional style, pick out the Ritz crackers, and dump in some salted peanuts.  I''l try this next weekend.  If anybody tries it sooner, please let us know how it is! 

The rest of the global obscenities which have me packing my interplanetary tote come from the news... and I guess I'll just mention them each briefly to avoid a mad rush for the rocket.  I want to be sure I get my window seat. 

Did you know that the courts in Saudi Arabia right now are considering whether or not to intentionally surgically paralyze a man as punishment for paralyzing another man during a fight a couple years ago?  Yeah.  Evidently the victim in that country can ask for a specific punishment, "eye for an eye" being one of them.  I know we kill people here for murder, even some non murder crimes warrant the death penalty.  I guess most of us have gotten used to the idea, as the threat of capital punnishment is sometimes a great deterrent to crime.  The idea of putting someone on an operating table with the intention of severing his spinal cord exactly where his victim's spine was severed just seems a little... well, it's hard to come up with a good word for it.  A little extreme.  It smacks of our old buddy Joe Mengele.  Something that we should have gotten past by now.  I imagine that as a deterrent it might just turn some heads and make people think twice but really... this is 2010. 

The next in line for today's rant is something that might not sit well with a lot of readers, but so what.  It's about how fucking retarded the entire NASCAR world has become in recent years.  Case in point is this past weekend's "win" by Kyle Busch.  Seems that it's not only not wrong to intentionally wreck someone who's in your way, it's actually something to be rewarded.  (The fact that he wasn't disqualified and allowed to keep the "win" as proof).  Long story short, at one point Busch tried to pass Brad Keselowski and didn't quite have room to edge in front of him, didn't clear Brad's bumper, and failed in the pass attempt sending Bush back down the track.  Mr. Bigshot thought that Brad bumped him intentionally when all he was doing was holding his position, his right.  Later in the race Mr. Bigshot Kyle Busch intentionally spun Brad out by ramming him from behind.  I'm indicting the entire NASCAR entity here because as I said, this is evidently "not a bad thing".  Ok, the crowd booed him after the race, but I get the sense that it's something people these days want to see.  How is it that people aren't completely ashamed at this unsportsmanlike behavior?  Have we all forgotten the crash that killed these people's hero Dale Earnhardt?  That crash was coming out of a turn, not at full straightaway speed, and looked to me at least like he would hop out of the car, wave and proceed to the track doctor to be checked out as "ok".  Clearly even a seeminly mediocre crash can result in an unexpected fatality.  And these idiots just wreck someone on purpose out of frustration.  Bad enough they do it, but to not be sanctioned, to be allowed to keep a win based on it, just plain retarded. 

Ok, I had some other crap that bugged me but I'll just sit on them for a while as this is getting a little long today.  I'll just finish up by saying... Bring back the oop!

13 comments:

  1. I can not agree more captain.I think more people watch to see that ( KILLER ) crash than who wins .I personally would rather watch NHRA, because real racing is going as fast as humanly possible in a 1/4 mile
    300mph in 3 seconds. hey nascar stick that in your tail pipe and smoke on it if you can turn your not going fast enough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer! That always sucks when they discontinue stuff that you really like. Hershey's came out with a Dark Chocolate Truffle Kiss a couple of years ago that was just excellent, & about the time that I was completely hooked, they disappeared from the store shelves. It was very sad.
    I have to agree with you about the whole NASCAR thing. Rewarding that kind of behavior with a win is ridiculous. Of course, everyone I've ever known who really liked the whole NASCAR thing has been an idiot, so I guess you can't expect much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dan, Jen! LMAO. Yeah they can be idiots but I suspect it could be the cheap beer and the aggravation of the sunburnt necks. Jen, have you checked into a substitute for the chocolates? I saw that Godiva has some, more expensive I bet but most likely way better. Also I dug up a recipe... they sound good. Too bad I never saw them when they existed. I don't do chocolate very often.

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/dark-chocolate-truffles-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening everyone!

    I do not seem to remember the snack but...bummer.

    NASCAR has never seemed to me to be a very intelligent sport. Incidentally bro, you employed a double negative in that paragraph. You also had several split infinitives. LOL!

    I guess the NASCAR is one of those groups that will "take care of themselves". If you are genius enough to get involved with such a sport in the first place you have to realize the asinine risks. You need to realize that the goal you have set for yourself is to be hero to a bunch of alcoholic boneheads that spent part of their kids future tuition in hopes to see you die. It is okay, though. At least you will be immortalized as a fathead poster in someones basement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Brian! How's everything? Re-read that sentence, it wasn't a double negative. And I looked hard but couldn't find the split infinitives of which you spoke. No biggie... you always were a better writer than me. Did you have another "Great Beach Walk" again tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stopped into Neo briefly, nothing going on. I'm gonna research if there's any news of them being sold again in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, found one... intentionally to wreck? Really... who would write or speak that way. I just checked and it seems split infinitives actually are based on the structure of Latin and these days it's considered a little off the "right" way. Plus it's not something that is ALWAYS wrong, the location of the adverb can change the meaning of a sentence. I just writes it the way it sounds good. :D BTW "not wrong" can't always be replaced by "right". I meant to convey the fact that it should have been wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed split infinitive are not unacceptable nor always improper. LMAO.

    Hey, I need to transfer my NP to you. Put up a trade for something cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never been very good at sentence structure. Quite honestly I'm not sure I remember what a split infinitive is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kylie left me a message on Facebook this morning. She wanted the address for your blog, captain. Maybe she'll stop by sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, that's right, Kylie's on facebook. I don't even bother with that site any more. Every time I look at anything it submits it as a post and I have to go delete it. Plus I've had other people's photos show up in MY photo album, I guess if I'm tagged the photo comes to my album? I have to go delete my tag just to keep MY album with only MY pictures. I think all that automatic/can't control it shit SUCKS! :D It would be great if she came by...

    Brian, I don't really feel like opening up Neo again tonight. I'll do that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhaah! found you all! Thanks Jen x

    This looks really nice and I like the ability to really say what you feel instead of dancing around TNT's rules.

    ReplyDelete
  13. funny writings, captain. How can Brian not remember spap oop? He had to be around if I was... hmmm.

    ReplyDelete