Friday, November 5, 2010

Nothing like a nutjob chasing a dream...

I saw an article in the news today about this guy, Yves Rossy who flies around on a jet powered wing suit.  Pretty freakin amazing, I bet he has some serious fun with this thing.  The article about the jet wing suit is here.  I looked and there are several good videos of it too, here's one.  Video of the jet wing suit here.  I hope these things never get to the point of being available to any dumbass with the money to afford it, we'll have them crashing into buildings either by accident or on purpose.  Imagine the chaos when people who can barely handle a car get hold of these things.  I can imagine closing time for a bar, out in the parking lot a dozen or so drunken fools strapping themselves into their suits and blasting off at crazy angles and spirals like some kind of cheap Chinese fireworks.  And out of a dozen, none make it home alive... they're found the next day twisted in the branches of trees, diced by fences, and in the smithereened wreckage beneath mysterious red scorch marks on buildings, bridges, and billboards.  How's that for a nice happy thought to start the weekend?  Anyway, it's the weekend!  It's almost time for me to kick down the door to the rum locker, I hope everyone else has similar plans.  Remember, if you're going out, you need to know how to change a tire or you might get turned into a centipede.  Speaking of which, I found a pic of a pretty nice human centipede.  Sorry, I had to do it.  A thing like this must be shared. 

3 comments:

  1. I just saw this story online and was gonna send it to you. Your thoughts on drunk jet-packing are hilarious! Lmfao! How was Human Centipede? HC 2 is slated for 2011...
    Great pic! That girl in the front needs something to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Mike! Nice to see you. Where have you been lately? Yeah that's a messed up movie but not as bad as the reviews I've seen. The director says that the first one is going to be like "My Little Pony" compared to the next one. He said something about there being a dozen people involved in part 2. I thought the pic I posted would have been better if they had been formed into a circle. Bemerken Sie den Ein-hund im Hintergrund.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to know what that dog, in the background of the photo, did when he reached them

    ReplyDelete