Monday, September 20, 2010

Only two left...

The shuttle Discovery is being readied for its November 1 launch, the second to last mission of the space shuttle program.  It's going to be pretty boring until we start another program of space travel.  Until then I guess we'll be bumming rides from Russia and China.  Some way for the USA to travel, huh? 

I just finished Under The Dome, and it was really good.  I was expecting a book of over a thousand pages to get into too much detail, I thought I'd be reading the whole life story of every major character, but it wasn't like that.  Stephen King really put together a good story, populated it with interesting characters, and once again thought up a plot and an ending that was totally enjoyable and gripping.  He puts you in the town which was cut off from the outside by a transparent dome, and once you're in there as well, you have to dedicate yourself to reading and reading, to get to the end and hopefully relieve the claustrophobia that comes from the isolation.  Very good book, and I recommend as did everyone I know who's already read it. 

Well, I'm not sure I'm going to be updating here as much in the near future.  It took me about 40 minutes today from the time I turned on this old loaner comp till I could do anything... between the log on process and it locking up and refusing to shut down, having to unplug it to shut it off, then logging on another time.  Very frustrating, to wait that long just staring at a machine that might or might not be working.  I'll be around, but I don't think I'll be doing this every day.  I just lost all my calm getting it going tonight.  And I was happily calm.  At least it's almost the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment