Monday, August 30, 2010

Would you risk death for this?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all in favor of natural selection as a form of population control.  Trouble is we're producing the idiots faster than they can kill themselves off.  In Italy, people are so fond of their mushrooms that 17 people have died in nine days, six in 48 hours.  Simply by sliding off the mountain where they grow.  All I can say is too bad these things don't grow everywhere.  It's a freakin MUSHROOM, damnit!  These people go out in the middle of the night, dressed in camouflage no less, looking for these things, and slide right the fuck off the mountainside.  No point I suppose in mentioning that it's really easy, not to mention fast, to grow your own mushrooms.  All one needs is one cap to get started.  From that one you get enough spores to get a whole crop going, and if these people live in the area, then the climate is probably as good in their back yards as it is on the side of a mountain.  If not, it wouldn't take much aparatus to make an incubator setup.  I could grow these things in a fishtank in my closet.  But I guess what's the risk of a fall of a few thousand feet compared to... what is it again?  Oh yeah, mushroom gravy.  Mushroom sauce on the pasta.  And let's not forget, the "to-die-for" mushroom pizza.  Grow 'em yourself, or go to the freakin store. 

At least it's almost the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. The oddest thing is that sometime long ago someone actually had to eat these things for the first time. It is a FUNGUS. I just cant get used to the idea in any form. All I can stomach is cream of mushroom soup, which isn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ehhrm No! Only if they were Golden Top (Magic Mushies) hehe

    ReplyDelete