Monday, December 15, 2014

Monster Legends: Don't like PVP? Want to opt out of PVP?

Are you ready to quit playing Monster Legends because of the way they've set up the battles, especially the PVP section?  You're not alone.  I've looked into several forums and most people's opinions are that they'd be happier playing the game without having gold and food stolen from them.  These comments go back to early 2013 at least as far as I went looking.  Obviously the shitheads at Social Point have no intention of changing this to make their players happy.

I wrote to them recently and suggested that they simply initiate an opt-in or opt-out for the PVP battle section.  Seems like they couldn't care less.  Maybe they think people would abuse it, opt-in for only the time they're attacking then opt back out.  Simple.  Make it free to opt-out, then 100 gems if you change your mind and want back in.

I admit that I played the PVP when I first started the game, I didn't know that the resources I was winning were actually being taken out of someone's supply.  As soon as I got my first notification that I had been attacked, I stopped.  I don't want my supplies stolen, and even when I defend against an attack, it puts me off.  I just want to build my little world without anyone bothering me, and that's an attitude I found prevalent in various sites I found.

My defense to this had been to keep my gold and food down to as close to zero as I could, but the bigger my world gets it gets expensive and requires saving up both gold and food.  I stopped my close to zero thing after I wrote to them, and for about a week I thought they had done something as when I checked my PVP section, my trophy number had been changed back to zero.  That must have been a glitch, because today I saw that I'd been attacked three times in the last two days.  So, that was it for me.  Yeah by the way, I'm not spending gems to keep a constant shield up.  Cheap fucking douchebags, in my humble opinion.  Set something up that makes people mad, and offer a shield for a price.

So I give these brainless scumbags a 50/50 chance of eventually bowing to popular opinion and changing the PVP section to be something one can choose not to play.  Therefore, since their loyalty reward is currently giving away the Hellberus, (sp) then I suppose I'll keep my gold at zero, food at zero, and just stop in for three seconds a day to claim the puzzle piece.  There's a chance they'll make the changes, and I don't want to lose my progress, but I'm done playing it for now.  Maybe these shitheads will eventually get their act together and realize that it's counterproductive to piss off half your players.

Please add your voice if this or something else bugs you abut this game.  It does look like it has potential, but I'm pretty sure nobody plays a game to get pissed off.  Here's a link to Social Point's help/contact page.  http://support.socialpoint.es/games/monster-legends/

A few taglines to help with searches...
Monster Legends PVP sucks
Monster Legends change PVP
Monster Legends turn off PVP
Monster Legends personal battle sucks change turn off
Monster Legends don't want my supplies stolen
Monster Legends getting ripped off



2 comments:

  1. I think they finally did away with it, I am not 100% positive though, they changed the whole format of the pvp battles. Now you have an attack team and a defence team, the defence team is not available to use for anything but team wars and breeding? while they are assigned to defence, which can be annoying since they have started making a lot of dungeons have limiters as to what kind of monster you can use in addition to the team wars.
    At any rate, when you are looking at a person to attack no food or gold amount is listed upon winning and I haven't seen any events requiring stolen food or gold to complete.

    ReplyDelete