Thursday, September 9, 2010

Happy New Year!

We, The People's Front of Judea, would like to wish everyone except The Judean People's Front (bloody splitters) a very happy Rosh Hashana.  Try not to bust a lung tooting on your shofars. 

Hmmm... forbidden to work today huh?  That doesn't seem like much of a problem.  I think I'll set up some movies on the little coffee table DVD player and crank up some video games on the big tv.  And beer.  Yeah... I wonder if all this is kosher or if I'll have the evil eye coming after me.  I think later I'll finally start "Under The Dome" by Stephen King... I had to finish The Dark Half before I could start the new one.  I guess I've been reading King a lot lately, I read Duma Key right before The Dark Half, and I thought it was really good.  The Dark Half was on the good side of OK.  Not bad but the first third took a lot to get through.  I would recommend Duma Key though, pretty long but easy to get into and it reads fast.  It was exciting and relaxing at the same time which was a nice combination.  I'm hoping that Under The Dome is as good.  It's over 1,000 pages so it better not be too chewy. 

Ok, off to do some more "not working".  I'm giving the "news" a day of rest in the spirit of casting off sins, I'm sure it's appreciated by all.  I hope everyone has a nice holiday!

5 comments:

  1. Damn, I forgot all about Rosh Hashana. Good thing I didn't go to work today. :)
    I used to read a lot of Stephen King. I wasn't very impressed with the last few I read, but some of them were very good. I haven't read Duma Key yet. I think I'll have to pick it up. The closest decent bookstore is in Tacoma though, so it might be a few days before I can get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Duma Key and Under the Dome.. hope you do too.. Let us know what you think..... what the hell am I saying of course you'll let us know... :P

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen, Kylie! Nice to see you. I've been into the rum locker today so I don't think I'll be making a new post. This is great though, isn't it? LOL Kylie, yeah I guess I put across an opinion here and there. Much better than Neo! You guys are probably wondering how I went so long without getting frozen. HAH! I haven't had to say "bleep!" in a while... lmao

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW 75 pages into Under The Dome and I'm still reading about events within 10 minutes of the dome coming down. Cool... good details. I just hope I don't have to read about every second of every character's life in these 1,000 pages...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bro. Under the dome seems to be well balanced between details and events. I do not remember any part that was unnecessary or chewy. Every page seemed to have something to do with the plot even if it pertained to characters.

    ReplyDelete